Saturday, March 27, 2010

THREE GRAIN MUFFINS


I bought a little muffin cookbook at the check-out stand a few weeks ago (total impulse buy) and this recipe was in it. I made them this morning for breakfast and they were quite tasty. A little butter on them didn't hurt.

1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 T. baking powder
heaping 1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
heaping 1/4 c. yellow cornmeal
1/4 t. salt
1 c. rolled oats
1 c. buttermilk
2 large eggs
6 T.oil
1 t. vanilla

Preheat oven to 400 and line a 12 cup muffin pan with liners. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a bowl.

In another bowl lightly beat the eggs and add the buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the liquid ingredients. Stir gently until just combined; do not overmix.

spoon into prepared muffin pan. Bake for about 15-20 min. (I baked for only 15 as they seemed done enough).

**Next time I'm going to add a little orange zest and substitute a little of the buttermilk with orange juice. I think that sounds tasty. I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...