Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Pepperoni Pizza Puffs

I recently subscribed to Rachael Ray's magazine and I've been loving some of her fun and easy recipes. We tried these last night for dinner and although we all liked them, they didn't fill us up, so I think they would be better as an appetizer or snack. The kids loved how cute and small they were and had fun dipping them.
3/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp. baking powder
3/4 cup whole milk (I used 2%)
1 egg
1 cup shredded mozzarella
1 cup diced up pepperoni
pizza sauce for dipping
fresh basil, finely chopped

*Whisk together the flour and baking powder. Then whisk in the milk and egg. Stir in mozzarella and pepperoni. Let sit for 10 minutes. Stir again and then divide batter into a greased mini-muffin pan (24 muffins). Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes until golden. Heat up pizza sauce and add 1 Tbs. basil to it and stir. Sprinkle puffs with basil. Dip and eat!
*I think it would be fun to try these with some different toppings like sausage, bell peppers, ham, pineapple, or whatever else you like on pizza.

3 comments:

Holly said...

There are no eggs listed in the recipe. They are listed in the instructions below.....how many??
Looks delicious!!

Rachel Cunningham said...

Wow...I totally left it out. I fixed it. Thanks!

Jennie W said...

These are a great recipe - I recently made them myself! Stumbled on your blog while I was looking for RR's online recipe version.:)

Here is my link: http://rayjenweber.blogspot.com/2010/03/pepperoni-pizza-puffs.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...