Friday, October 31, 2008

Pumpkin Cookies

In keeping with the spirit of all things pumpkin, here is another fabulous cookie recipe that I got from my cousin, Kylie. These cookies are really soft and literally melt in your mouth. Happy Halloween!!
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
*Mix together, then add:
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
*Mix well, then add:
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 cup chopped nuts (optional but recommended)
*Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for about 9 minutes. (My oven took about 12). Let them cool and then frost with:
3 Tbs. butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
*Bring to a boil for 1 minute, then add:
1/4 cup milk
*Beat until smooth, then add:
2 cups powdered sugar

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just made these a while ago (same recipe from Kylie)...they are to die for, sooo good! Happy Halloween!

Palmer family said...

I made these yummy cookies tonight although I used a buttercream frosting instead. They were good and moist though. Thanks for posting it!! --Lindsay

Megan said...

I just made these 20 min ago and I can't believe that I have never made them before! They are seriously to die for!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...