Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Meeting Pioneer Woman

Holly and I were so excited when we found out that PW herself would be coming to Tempe to do a book signing for her new cookbook. We cleared our schedules, cleared our hubbies' schedules so they could stay with the kiddos, picked out our outfits, and straightened our hair (usually only happens on Sunday).
We got there at 5pm thinking we were going to be so early but there were already lines of women, just as excited as we were. Luckily, though, we got there early enough to get a seat for the question/answer part of the evening. At 7pm, in walked PW, along with her beautiful mother-in-law and adorable sister-in-law, Missy. She answered questions for about 30 minutes and was as cute as could be. Just as funny in person as she is on her blog. And she has really good hair.
After the question/answer session, we got back in line to get our cookbooks signed. Actually, only Holly was getting her cookbook signed because mine had not arrived yet from Amazon and I was too cheap to buy another one (it was twice the price at the bookstore). We ran into one of our favorite cousins, Vicki and her super nice friend, so we got to chit-chat with them while we waited. When we finally got up to the signing table, we were all prepared with things we wanted to say to make conversation. I was going to tell her that I love the mascara that she recommended, and that the tres leeches cake changed my life, and what was with that random guy who came out of the audience on the Bonnie Hunt Show? Instead, we walked up to the table and froze, only smiling, not talking. We got our picture, Holly got her book signed and then it was over. We were too starstruck to form any sentences. Maybe next time.
This is Marlboro Man's mother. Isn't she classy? Are you thinking sweet Aunt Mae from Spiderman? That's what I was thinking, only she was more graceful and she dressed better.

4 comments:

Shelly said...

That is so funny!! I would totally be the same way-its too hard to try and be funny under that much pressure. Im so glad you got to meet her. I really need to get my hands on that book. Thanks for the funny post!

Cindy said...

Cute pictures! I'm so jealous!! I wish I could have met her in Salt Lake!

Lana and Terry said...

So fun that you got to meet PW and the Marlboro Man's mother. I always wanted to meet the Marlboro man, cause he always looked so "Manly" in all the commercials he did. You Tucker girls are seriously the cutest! (Maybe I am a little biased:)

Domanique said...

I was there too! Really appreciate all that you do and the PW does!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...