Thursday, January 28, 2010

Black Bottom Cupcakes

One night, a few months back, Holly brought me a plate of goodies from a get together she had been at with her friends. Some serious goodies. One of them being this cupcake. It had chocolate frosting on it, so it just looked like a chocolate cupcake. Holly hadn't tried one, yet. After she left my house, I took a bite of the cupcake. Oh my word. Cheesecake in the middle. I called Holly and asked her if she knew there was cheesecake in the chocolate cupcake. She did not. I told her we needed the recipe immediately. She said her friend Ali made them. I said call her right now.
(I took the picture before I frosted them so you could see the to-die-for center of the cupcake).
Cupcake:
1 1/2 c. sugar
2 3/4 c. flour
1 cup Nesquik
1 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 cup buttermilk

*Beat ingredients together and then add One cup of hot water. Set aside and make cheesecake center:

8 oz. softened cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
6 oz. milk chocolate chips

*Mix together first three ingredients until smooth and then add chocolate chips.
*Fill cupcake liners 1/2 full with cake batter. Then drop a spoonful of cream cheese mixture in the middle of each. Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes. Once they are cool, frost with chocolate frosting.

Frosting:
1 cube butter, melted
2/3 cup cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla

5 comments:

Bonnie said...

All I can say is YUMMMMM!!

Jade said...

Oh my goodness.

Bonnie said...

I actually made these for our dessert bar after my daughter had her twin girls blessed. They were DEE-LICIOUS!!

Ali said...

Mmm...I just made these again and wanted to add that they are much better the second day!

Lana and Terry said...

Another delicious dessert that I could seriously overdose on! Loved the ones you made-- I liked them better without the icing. So-o-o-o-o-o good!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...