Monday, January 11, 2010

Lion House Banana Bread

I know we already have a couple of banana bread recipes on here, but here is one more. This is from the Lion House cookbook that my friend, Adele, gave me for my birthday a few years ago and I love it. Great recipes for some real home cooking.


6 large, ripe bananas
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup oil
4 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)

*Mash bananas really well. Add eggs, sugar, and oil. Blend well. Add dry ingredients and mix until blended. Don't over-mix. Stir in nuts. Pour into greased bread pans...however many you want, depending on size. Bake at 325 for 45-60 minutes (depending on size of pans). Stick in a toothpick to see if center is done.

**This recipe was added by Rachel but somehow I was logged in as Holly**

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...