Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Mexican Brunch Corn Bread

I made this cornbread today because a) it sounded delish and b) I haven't posted a recipe for a LONG time. It is more delicate than regular cornbread so I ate it with a fork. It is very moist and not too spicy. Perfect for a brunch or a mexican fiesta!


1 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
4 eggs
1 cup cornmeal
4 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 can diced, green chilies
1 can cream style corn
1/2 cup shredded jack cheese
1/2 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350. Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and mix well. Add dry ingredients and chilies, corn and cheeses. Mix then pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Reduce oven heat to 300 and bake for 1 hour.

P.S. I just noticed that this recipe is already on our blog! Rats. Oh well.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

I really enjoy all of your recipes! Thank you!

Jade said...

Is this like the El Torito corn cake? Mmmmmm....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...