Monday, February 22, 2010

Savory Rice

I got this recipe from my Wisconsin ward cookbook. I made it last night as part of our Sunday meal. It was SO good!! Seriously. My parents came over for dinner and we all gobbled it up. Luckily, I doubled the recipe because we all went back for seconds and thirds! It takes a little time to make, but it is definitely worth it.


1 cup uncooked rice
2 cups boiling water
2 tsp. salt
1/3 cup butter
garlic salt
1 14oz. can chicken broth

Pour 2 cups boiling water over 1 cup rice. Add salt and let stand, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Melt 1/3 cup butter in skillet. Add rice and saute on medium heat until butter is absorbed (5-10minutes). Put rice in 2 quart casserole dish and sprinkle with garlic salt. Pour chicken broth over rice. Cover and bake for 45 minutes at 350.

4 comments:

Rachel Cunningham said...

That sounds yum.

Lana and Terry said...

It really was yummy. And yes we all went back for seconds and I think a few bites extra while cleaning up! Thanks Holl for the delicious dinner:)

Vickie said...

Holly - I make this rice all the time, adding sliced almonds and parsley flakes for the last 15 minutes of cooking time. There are never leftovers. Good post!

Anonymous said...

What a great resource!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...