Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Pastor Ryan's Monkey Bread

You probably already have a Monkey Bread recipe that you love.  I think most families do.  It's such an easy and delicious treat that nobody can resist.  I saw this recipe on Pioneer Woman's blog and could not pass it up since it uses a cup of butter.  I'm a sucker for anything involving cinnamon and sugar and throw a cup of butter in there...well that's just pure Heaven.  I literally felt my love handles getting bigger as I was eating this last night.  Definitely a once-in-a-great-while kind of a treat.  But oh so good.
I know this second picture is a little close for comfort but I wanted you to get a sense of just how gooey this is once you turn it over onto a plate.  Goo city.

3 cans buttermilk biscuits (I used two large cans)
1 cup sugar
2-3 tsp. cinnamon (depending on how much you like)
2 sticks butter (1 cup)
1/2 cup brown sugar

*Open up biscuits and cut each one into quarters.  Combine sugar and cinnamon in a big plastic bag.  Dump the biscuits in bag and shake to coat each piece really well.  Pour biscuits into a bundt pan.  Melt butter and brown sugar on stove over medium heat, stirring for a few minutes, until it's combined well and it's one color.  Pour over the biscuits and bake for 40 minutes at 350.  Let cool for 15 minutes before turning over onto a plate and devouring.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...