Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Creamy Spinach Enchiladas

I am such a slacker.  Not only have I neglected this blog, but I have pretty much avoided cooking as much as possible this summer.  But then my friend, Jill, told me about this recipe and I couldn't stop thinking about it so I cranked up the oven and actually made a real dinner last night.  She found this recipe on Pinterest and it is originally from Real Simple.  And it seriously was real simple and real delicious.  Thanks, Jill!
1 (10 oz.) package frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry (Jill used fresh and said it worked great)
1 cup frozen corn, thawed (I used white corn)
1 1/2 cups grated Cheddar cheese (I used mozzarella)
2 (4.5 oz.) cans diced green chilies
1 cup heavy cream (I used 1/2 cup cream and 1/2 cup Greek yogurt)
salt/pepper
8-10 corn tortillas, warmed

*In a bowl, mix spinach, corn, 1 cup of the cheese and 1 can of chilies.  Stir together well.  In another bowl, mix cream, the other can of chilies and a little salt and pepper.  Place a couple spoonfuls of the spinach mixture in each tortilla and roll up.  Place seam-side down in a baking dish.  Top with the cream sauce and remaining cheese.  Cover with foil and bake for 15-20 minutes.  Uncover and bake another 15-20 minutes until bubbly and heated through.

*Jill is an amazing photographer.  Check out her mad skills here.

1 comment:

•stephanie• said...

rachel . . .
you won!
i don't have your email.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...