Sunday, July 29, 2012

Greek Guac

As much as I love guacamole, I hardly ever make it.
Probably because I am the only one in our house that will eat it and once I start, I can't stop.
But what is a girl to do when avocados are on sale for dirt cheap?  No choice but to make some guac.
I usually add some sour cream, tomatoes or salsa, cilantro, and maybe a few seasonings.  I've tried a few different recipes and they have all been good ones.
This time I decided to try adding some plain, Greek yogurt and I am not kidding, this was the best batch yet.  Even my husband and his sister, who don't like guacamole, liked it and came back for more.  Beyond easy and beyond creamy.  Yum!
3-4 large avocados, mashed
1/2 cup plain, Greek yogurt (I like FAGE total 0%)
1/2 cup salsa (I like Kirkland organic medium salsa from Costco)
salt/pepper if you want (I didn't)

*Mix well and eat!  I didn't actually measure the yogurt or salsa but I am guessing this is close.  I started out eating it with chips but then switched to carrots when I started feeling guilty.  It was delicious with both.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...