Thursday, August 30, 2012

Chicken Taco Soup

Yes, this is another version of taco soup.  I love taco soup so when I found this recipe I had to try it.  I had my doubts, but it was delicious!  Not too spicy and full of flavor.  It makes a lot so we ate it for a few days and it just got better with time.  I can't wait to make it again!  Recipe is from Favorite Family Recipes.


Chicken Taco Soup

  • 3 chicken breasts
  • Valentina hot sauce (any hot sauce will do)
  • 2 cans chicken broth
  • 3 cans italian stewed tomatoes
  • 1 bunch cilantro, with the stems removed
  • salt to taste
  • 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 2 cans sweet corn, drained and rinsed
Place chicken breasts in crockpot and cover with hot sauce.  Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.  When chicken is done, remove from crockpot and shred.  Put it back into the crockpot and add chicken broth, beans and corn.  Put stewed tomatoes and cilantro in a blender and blend until smooth.  Add to crockpot.  Season with salt and any other seasonings you prefer.  I added a little bit of chili powder and cumin.  Cook for 1 more hour until heated through.  Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream and crushed tortilla chips.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...