Thursday, February 26, 2009

Breadsticks

Bread Sticks
Rachel has been wanting me to put this recipe on for a long time. It is taken me a long time hopefully it was worth the wait. Just one tip make sure you put on the topping before it rises in the pan, because if you wait until it is done rising and then put it on it will go flat again. Sorry it is not a very good pic. I promise then taste way better than they look!


Dough:
1 Tbsp Yeast
1 1/2 C water
3-4 C flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp Sugar

Mix dough and let rise. When double, punch down and spread into cookie sheet pan (sprayed with pam) and top with topping.

Topping:
1/4 C melted butter
1/4 C parmesan cheese
1/4 C Mayonnaise
1 1/2 tsp Garlic salt
1/4 tsp Parsley

Let rise again until nice and fluffy. Bake 350 for 15-20 minutes or top is browned.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Jen, do you roll these into "sticks" before you put them in the pan? Or do you just perforate the dough with a knife so you can pull them apart? These sound delicious!!!

Jen Tucker said...

I just roll them out on the cookie sheet and put the topping on. Last time I rolled them out and put the topping on and then I used a pizza cutter and cut them and then let them rise and it seemed to work better. I have never rolled them into bread sticks, but I am sure they would work great. This way is just faster and I try and stick to fast and easy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...