Sunday, February 8, 2009

Tomato Basil Soup

This is what I made to go with my bread. I got this soup from my friend Emily. She says, "I love it because it is so easy. Perfect for busy moms." I would like to add that this soup is dang good too!
2 big cans crushed tomatoes -I used Italian stewed
1 quart water (that is 4 cups)
1 lb cream cheese -I used low fat
½ cup dried basil -I only put 1/4 cup dried but added some fresh basil
¼ cup sugar
salt and pepper to taste
Simmer ingredients for an hour then mix in blender. Season again to taste.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum, Jade! I love that you love soups. I want to get more into them, so I'll have to try this one out. I need a slice of that bread right now!

AMIT said...

Good made.

Work from home

Rachel Cunningham said...

I love the tomato basil soup at Paradise Bakery, so I will be making this for sure. Looks yum!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...