Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Cheesy Pesto Chicken

I found this recipe on a blog that a girl in my ward has called Food Nerd. She is gorgeous and smart and knows a lot about food. And please...anyone who cooks with pesto is a friend of mine. I would dangle a pesto-scented pine tree from my rear view mirror if they made one.
3-4 chicken breasts
pesto (I like Costco's)
Mozzarella cheese
Marinara sauce (I like Fresh and Easy's tomato and basil)
salt/pepper/garlic powder

*Pound out chicken breasts between plastic wrap until 1/4 of an inch thick. Spread pesto (generously) on half of chicken. Slice or shred some Mozzarella on pesto. Fold over chicken and secure with a toothpick. Put some marinara sauce in the bottom of a baking dish. Place chicken on top. Season with salt/pepper/garlic powder. Top with more marinara and more cheese. Bake for 35-40 minutes at 350.
*Calli recommended browning the chicken in a skillet before placing in the baking dish. I'm too lazy to add one more step but I'm sure it's a good idea.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

This chicken is AMAZING!!!! Had it for dinner tonight.....yummy!

Heidi said...

Loved it!!! I had my niece over for dinner when I made it. She said felt like she was eating something from a restraunt! So good!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...