Monday, September 21, 2009

Mexican Black Bean Pasta



 I try to create my own recipes but they often don't turn out.....until now!  My kids didn't complain and my husband loved it along with my friend and her husband that I made come over to try it.

cook 1 package of angel hair pasta
(or what ever pasta your family like)

1 onion 
4 garlic cloves

Chop onion and saute in olive oil. When the onion is soft add 4 garlic cloves.

add:
1 cup salsa
1 can black beans (I used bushes seasoned black beans)
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup colby jack cheese

bring to boil
 
add cooked pasta
3 tomatoes diced
1 bunch cilantro chopped

mix and serve

It would also be really good with some shredded or grilled chicken.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks and sounds so good!! I will have to try this one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...