Thursday, May 27, 2010

Banana Cream Pie

I've always been a fan of banana cream pie but rarely make it. I saw this recipe on The Girl Who Ate Everything and had to try it. It did not disappoint!! It was easy and creamy and delicious! Everyone was raving about it. My recipe for banana cream pie by far! It would be a great dessert for the summer!

Excuse my lack of photography skills.

2 regular sized graham cracker crusts or 1 large one
1 small box vanilla instant pudding
1 cup cold water
1 can sweetened condensed milk
2 bananas
1 pint whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar

Mix pudding, water and condensed milk in a bowl until smooth. Put in fridge to chill for a few minutes. Meanwhile, whip 1 cup of whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add to pudding mixture and mix well. Slice bananas onto bottom of crust or crusts. Divide pudding mixture between the 2 crusts and pour over bananas. Whip rest of whipping cream and add 1/2 cup of sugar until soft peaks form. Spread over pies. Chill in fridge for a few hours until ready to serve.

I used a large crust and it worked great!

2 comments:

the DeCampos Family said...

that looks yummy!!
i love how a lot of your recipes require simple ingredients!
i just might have to make this for sunday dinner!
thanks for all the fun recipes you guys share!

AC said...

Holly - I love your recipe blog! I look at it all the time, I'm making this banana cream pie up at our cabin this weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...