Thursday, September 16, 2010

Zucchini Frittata


I think breakfast just became my favorite meal of the day.
Fresh basil first thing in the morning? Sign me up!
I felt so fancy eating this for breakfast and BC said he felt like he was eating breakfast at a resort. (We don't get out much).
My kids took one look and said no way, but it was only enough for two people anyway, so la ti da.
It tasted so deluxe and don't even get me started on the smell. 
H-E-A-V-E-N-L-Y.

1 zucchini, finely grated
4 eggs
1 medium tomato, sliced thin
8 or so small basil leaves
2 Tbs. fresh parmesan, grated
fresh ground pepper
dash of salt

*Preheat broiler and place rack 12 inches from heat.  Beat eggs in a bowl and set aside.  Heat a skillet on stove over medium heat.  Spray with cooking spray and saute zucchini until tender (2 minutes).  Pour in beaten eggs and cook, without stirring, until eggs are mostly set (3 minutes).  Arrange tomato and basil on top.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Then sprinkle with parmesan.  Place skillet in oven under broiler until eggs are golden and cheese is bubbly (3-5 minutes).  Let sit for a few minutes in skillet before serving.

*Found this recipe in the Arizona Republic.

*FYI: You may or may not know that my sister, Holly (founder and CEO of Becoming Betty), had a new baby boy and moved across the country to New York.  That's why she has been M.I.A.  I expect great things from her now that she is settled in her new (really cute) kitchen back in Albany.  Let's see some of those East Coast recipes, Holl!!

4 comments:

See it Try it Love it said...

Oh wow that looks amazing. I am a Basil fanatic so I will definitely be trying this recipe. Thx.

Anonymous said...

I'm on it Rach! Thank you for keeping Betty afloat for so long. I will take credit as the founder but you my friend are the CEO. You keep the blog going and I love you for that! And this fritata looks amazing. Not sure about all the basil though. You are in L with basil.

Erinn said...

I just made this for the 2nd time. It is so simple to put together but taste delicious!

Mary B said...

This dish looks delish I will have to make for brunch on Sunday

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...