Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Snickerdoodles (without shortening)

There are a handful of things that I do not use in my cooking/baking.
Shortening is at the top of that list.  Grosses me out.
Pretty much all of the snickerdoodle recipes I have seen have shortening in them, so I was really excited to find this one in Rachael Ray.  I'll use real butter all day long.  Three cheers for butter!!!

2 cubes real butter, softened
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon 
*Cream butter and sugars.  Add eggs and vanilla.  Add dry ingredients and mix well.  Roll into golfball-size balls and then roll in a sugar/cinnamon mixture (1/4 cup sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon).  Bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 375 for 10-12 minutes, until edges are slightly brown.

2 comments:

Elaine said...

How much is a cube of butter?

Nermeen said...

I think its a stick. By the way, thank you for this recipe because I totally ran out of shortening and was stuck. lol

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...