Thursday, December 8, 2011

Crock Pot Chicken Caesar Sandwiches

I saw this recipe a few months ago on The Girl Who Ate Everything, and I have been meaning to try it ever since.  I finally remembered to buy some chicken thighs (my new favorite kind of chicken!) and the dressing that I needed.  Talk about easy and yummy.  Perfect for this time of year when there are recitals/concerts/parties/family activities every night of the month.
2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1/2 cup (or more) Caesar dressing (I used Cardini's)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (or 2 tsp. dried)
1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper (I used more)
Romaine lettuce
slider buns or rolls

*Place chicken in crock pot on low with a cup or two of water.  Cook 5-6 hours until done.  Take out chicken and drain water from crock pot.  Shred chicken on cutting board and then put back in crock pot.  Add dressing (as much as you like), Parmesan, parsley and pepper.  Mix well and cook for another 30-60 minutes.  You can turn it up to high if you need it to heat up quick.  Serve on warm buns/rolls with a little more Parmesan and some lettuce.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

This sounds yummy and easy and good to make ahead!!

Elena @ La Petite Vie said...

What an awesome idea, love how easy this recipe is! Can't wait to try it out!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...