Thursday, August 27, 2009

Creamy Risotto

I got this recipe from the lovely Pioneer Woman. It was oh so good and oh so creamy! We had it for dinner with a salad. I'm making an effort to eat less meat, you see. It would go great with grilled chicken or steak too. I've never made risotto before so it was fun to try it out. Definitely a fan!!

1 Tbs. olive oil
1 Tbs. butter
1/2 onion, chopped
3 or 4 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb. arborio rice
7 1/2 cups chicken broth, reduced sodium
1 cup cream
2 cups Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper

Put oil, butter, onion and garlic in a saucepan. Cook until onions are soft. Add rice and stir for a couple of minutes. Next, add 1 cup broth. Stir until liquid is absorbed. Repeat this step adding broth in 1 cup increments. When finished, add cream and cheese. Stir. Add salt and pepper to taste.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Holl, I made this from PW's blog and loved it too!! I'm all about the carbs--it's my weakness.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...