Wednesday, August 5, 2009

PW Chicken Strips

I have debated with myself about whether it is weird for me to post recipes from other recipe blogs. Especially the Pioneer Woman, since most of the world looks at that one. But I decided it was ok as long as I give credit where credit is due, since there is a small chance that somebody missed this fabulous recipe when she posted it. So there you have it folks. Here you go... 1 pkg. chicken tenderloins or chicken breasts, cut into strips
Buttermilk
1 1/2 cups flour
3 tsp. Lawry's seasoning salt
Vegetable oil
*Submerge the chicken in a bowl of buttermilk for at least 20 minutes. In another bowl, combine flour and seasonings. Mix well. Heat about 1 inch of oil in a skillet over medium-low heat. Remove chicken strips and coat in flour mixture, turning over a few times. When oil is heated, place strips in skillet and cook on each side until golden and crispy.

5 comments:

Maren said...

I've debated that same thing, but I think it's fine, especially because then all your favorite recipes are in one spot and you don't have to blog hop. And I don't remember this recipe from PW so I'm glad you posted it! I'll definitely try these.

theprovidentwoman said...

Man that looks good.

Jenn said...

Did you add some of the buttermilk to the flour to make those crispy bits? I never knew that's how to get those things on there. These are really good, huh?

Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel Cunningham said...

I tried it that way, adding a little buttermilk to the flour, but the flour got so gooey that it wouldn't stick to the chicken. So I decided it was easier to not add it since it gets in there anyways while you're dipping chicken.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...