Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Baked Creamy Chicken Taquitos

Holly told me about a food blog called "The Girl Who Ate Everything."
I knew it was going to be a good one because the name is so cute.
I have found lots of fun recipes to try on there.
This is one I tried recently and it was a hit at my house.
(The original recipe is from Our Best Bites).

3 oz. cream cheese
1/4 cup green salsa (salsa verde)
1 Tbs. lime juice
1/2 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
3 Tbs. chopped cilantro
2 Tbs. sliced green onions
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1 cup grated pepperjack cheese
12-16 small tortillas
kosher salt

*Heat cream cheese in microwave for 20 seconds so it's soft. Add salsa, lime juice, and spices. Mix well, then add cilantro and green onions. Add chicken and cheese and mix well. Place 2-3 Tbs. of chicken mixture down middle of tortilla. I used small flour tortillas. Roll up tightly and place seam-side down on greased cookie sheet. Make sure the taquitos are not touching each other. Spray tops lightly with cooking spray and sprinkle a little kosher salt on top. Bake for 20 minutes at 425 degrees.

3 comments:

Ali said...

mmm these were so so good. loved them.

Cara said...

Me and Jake really loved these. Excellent choice.

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

Hi there! This is actually my original recipe, would you mind crediting that in your post? I appreciate it, thanks!

http://www.ourbestbites.com/2009/05/baked-creamy-chicken-taquitos.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...