Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Spinach Frittata

I made this for dinner the other night and thought it was mighty good! I got the recipe from my Martha Stewart cookbook.

half a bag of fresh spinach
1/2 onion, chopped
1 Tbs. butter

Saute onion and butter in saucepan. Then, add spinach and cook until done. Transfer to a bowl to cool.

4 large, whole eggs
8 large egg whites
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper

In a bowl, whisk eggs until foamy. Add cheese, salt and pepper. Wipe saucepan out and spray with cooking spray. Add egg mixture to pan and stir in spinach. Turn heat to medium and cook for 2 minutes. Then bake in oven (in the saucepan) for 30 minutes at 375.

*Make sure saucepan is oven safe.
*Don't grab handle after you take it out of oven. It will burn your hand! I learned the hard way.

1 comment:

Cara said...

Holly, we made this the other day for like brunch I guess, it was yummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...