I am a corn lover. I love cornbread, corn tortillas, and corn chips. And I love canned corn. I know, weird. This warm corn dip is so good! It would be perfect for an appetizer at a party or gathering. Serve it warm with tortilla chips and you've got a delicious combo!
I know my picture is horrible. Sorry.
Hot Corn Dip
Recipe from Emeril Lagasse
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 1/2 cups corn kernels (from 4 ears fresh white or yellow corn) or frozen corn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (green and white parts)
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 to 1 cup mayonnaise (I only used 1/2 cup)
- 4 ounces monterey jack or cheddar, shredded
- 4 ounces sharp cheddar, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Tortilla chips, for dipping
*Next time, I will substitute sour cream for the mayo. It tasted great but I have mayo issues.