Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Pesto Chicken Pizza

My friend, Lisa, brought me a big bunch of basil that she grew in her garden.  If I had to choose a favorite herb, it would be basil.  Wait, is cilantro an herb?  It might be a tie.
Anyway, what better way to use fresh basil than to make it into pesto?  And what better way to use pesto than to spread it on a pizza?  They serve a similar pizza to this at Sauce and I love it.  Here is our homemade version.

Pizza dough (I used Trader Joe's)
Pesto (I used about 1/2 cup)
Mozzarella cheese, shredded
Chicken, cooked and shredded
Parmesan cheese, grated
Pine nuts

*Roll pizza dough out on a pan or pizza stone.  Spread pesto over dough.  Sprinkle with cheese, chicken, parmesan and pine nuts.  Bake at 450 for 10-12 minutes.

*I like to bake the dough for about 5 minutes before adding toppings because I want to make sure it gets totally done all the way through.

*Also, the pizza at Sauce has diced tomatoes on it and I totally would have done that if I had had any.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...