Thursday, June 30, 2011

Creamed Spinach and Pasta

 My sons and I recently discovered a library within walking distance of our house.  We finally decided to walk to it and get ourselves a library card.  It has become one of our weekly activities to walk to the library and check out books for Griffin.  Since I don't read books, I quickly found the cookbook isle.  It's so fun to check out a different cookbook each week to read and get recipes from.  This recipe is adapted from one of the cookbooks I checked out recently.  I didn't have all of the ingredients so I changed it a bit.  It's a super quick and easy dish.  And mighty tasty!

Creamed Spinach and Pasta

2 Tbs. butter
1/2 bag fresh spinach leaves
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
salt
pepper
garlic salt

Melt butter in a pan over medium heat.  Add spinach and saute until wilted.  Pour in cream.  Bring to a boil and boil for 3 minutes.  Reduce heat to medium and add cheese.  Stir well and let simmer until sauce begins to thicken, about 3 minutes.  Remove from stove and season with salt, pepper and garlic salt.  Serve over pasta.  (I used orzo pasta).

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

This sounds delicious. And good for you too--well maybe not, with the cream, but nevertheless, delicious! I'm making this for sure!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...