Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie

I know this claim has been made before but this recipe has truly won me over time and again.  Other cookies who claim to be the best seem to be a different variation of the same old cookie.  But this one has secret ingredients which really makes these stand out.  This is the perfect cookie for Easter!  Thanks to my cousin Lynley who gave me this life changing recipe. 

Chocolate Chip Malt Cookies
1 c. butter, softened/melted
1 1/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. malt (Carnation regular malt...you can get it in in the baking aisle or the creamer aisle. I usually have to look for it for awhile).*
2-4 T hershey syrup*
1 t vanilla
Add and mix...
1 egg
Add and mix...
1 t salt
1 t baking soda
Add and mix...
3 c. flour
Stir in...
1/2 bag toffee*
3-4 c. chocolate chips (1/2 milk 1/2 semi sweet)
I also added Easter Robin Eggs which gave it even more of an malt kick.  I just throw them in to the dough whole and let the Kitchen Aid break them up. * 

Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes. Just until the shine is gone. (If you overcook them they aren't very good). They will be too soft right when you get them out of the oven so let them cool for a few minutes and then take them off the pan and cool on a wire rack. 


*Secret ingredients!

2 comments:

Serendipityissweet said...

They sounds delicious! I love toffee. Thanks for the recipe.

Rachel Cunningham said...

Can't wait to try these Jade! Love the secret ingredients.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...