Friday, March 23, 2012

Spinach Apple Salad with White Balsamic Dressing

If you're like me, you buy a big box of spinach from Costco or Sam's because it's so much cheaper than buying a little bag of it at the grocery store.  But then you have a whole lot of spinach to use before it goes bad.  I put it in my smoothies, but that hardly puts a dent in that big box.  So I decided to make a spinach salad on Sunday.  Normally I would make a spinach salad with strawberries in it but since my strawberry-loving-daughter ate all the strawberries on Saturday night and I was too lazy to go to the store, I went with a spinach/apple salad instead.  Using what my mom and I both had a hand, we came up with a pretty tasty salad if I do say so myself.
Spinach
3 apples, diced (I used Pink Lady)
Sliced almonds
Craisins
Shredded parmesan

Dressing:
3/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
juice of 1 lemon (not a huge one)
1 Tbs. honey
salt/pepper to taste

*Toss the salad using as many toppings as you like.  Mix up the dressing really well and drizzle over salad right before serving.  We don't like a ton of dressing so we didn't use all of it.  Just drizzle to your liking.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...