Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Stir Fry


1 pound Chicken
3 T soy sauce
½ t ground ginger
3 T oil
1 ½ cups sliced carrots
1 ½ cups broccoli
1 ½ cups pea pods (I didn’t have pea pods so I used celery instead)
4-6 green onions cut in ½ in length
1 four ounce mushrooms with juice
½ cup cold water
2 T cornstarch
½ t sugar

Combine meat with soy and ginger and let it stand for 15 to 30 min. Preheat 1 T oil in wok uncover at med high about 2 min. Add carrots, stir fry for 2 min, add the mushroom liquid over and steam for 4 min. Remove carrots. Heat one T oil in wok, add broccoli and pea pods(celery), stir-fry for 2 min, push up to the side, add onions and mushrooms stir fry to 2 min push up to the side. Heat another T of oil add ½ of the meat and stir fry for 2-3 min push up the side and repeat with remaining meat.
Add carrots. In separate cup add water cornstarch and sugar. Stir into meat and cook into mixture. Serve over rice or noodles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks so good!!! I love stir-fry. Can't wait to try your recipe. Your pics are so good!!

Kasey said...

This looks great! I always buy the frozen stir fry because I had no idea how to make it myself. Now I know1 Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...