Tuesday, April 29, 2008

World's Best Chocolate Chip Cookies

A few years ago, Rach found this recipe for chocolate chip cookies. It was titled World's Best Chocolate Chip Cookies. Well, I'm here to tell you that they are! We LOVE this recipe and everyone that tries it loves it too. There are a few important details that make it the best, so read closely.


1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 cup (2 cubes) real butter, softened to room temp.
2 eggs
1 Tbs. vanilla
3/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 tsp. salt
2 3/4 cups flour
1 package Ghirarrdeli Milk Chocolate Chips
1/2 package Ghirarrdeli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Mix brown sugar and white sugar until combined.  Add butter and mix on a higher speed for a couple of minutes until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well and then add dry ingredients. Mix well again and then add the chocolate chips. Drop golf-ball size dough onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 11 minutes. Cookies might not look done but take them out anyways. Let them sit on the pan for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
(different ovens may vary from 10-12 minutes)

*You can also do 2 cups flour and 2 cups oats.

*You could also spread all the dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake for 17-20 minutes for bars.

*Disclaimer: If you end up eating the whole bowl of cookie dough it's not my fault. It's really good! (that was mostly for Shalae)

9 comments:

Jade said...

Well if these are the "Worlds Best Chocolate Cookies", I must try. I am going to have to wait a few weeks though cause I just made cookies yesterday and I ate most of them. Why do I not have self control?

Rachel Cunningham said...

I use 3 cups of flour. Not that it makes much difference. I will second the motion that you must use Ghirardelli! Another variation is one cup macadamia nuts and 2 cups white chocolate chips.

Megan said...

All I have to say is YUM! I will def. have to make these sometime soon. :)

Anonymous said...

I use 3 cups of flour too but I thought you used 2 3/4 so I put that because I didn't want you to get after me. I'll change it!

Bonnie said...

Holl, send me your email address to bonharkey52@yahoo.com. I LOVE, LOVE Ghirardelli chocolate chips - but only milk chocolate. I'm adding this recipe to my collection.

Rachel Cunningham said...

Holl, when is the last time I "got after you?" That is the funniest thing you've ever said. Bonnie...try the semi-sweet...just once...it's such a good combo!!!

Lana and Terry said...

I say any chocolate chips are pretty yummy and especially in homemade cookies. Hmmm, when was the last time I made homemade cookies? I'm so glad you girls love to cook -- Let's just say that you inherited that trait from your Mom:)

Shelly said...

I actually have this recipie out of some mormon cookbook. They really are the worlds best and I had to stop making them becasue I would eat the whole thing. YUM!!!

Anonymous said...

Rach, This is your fav cous' Holl and Britt. We were blog stocking and found this wonderful site. You inspired us...we are going to start a blog to get us cooking as well. and I'm going to make the cookies right now!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...