Thursday, October 14, 2010

Aunt Carolyn's Famous Casserole

This is actually the second time I have posted this recipe.  I put it on here last year when Brett's sweet aunt passed away.  I didn't have a picture of it then and if you're like me, you don't pay much attention to recipes that don't have a picture.  So here it is again in all it's photo glory.

1 lb. lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 can tomato soup
1 can tomato sauce (15 oz.)
1 can corn, drained
1 T. chili powder
1 tsp. salt
8 oz. pasta (I used whole wheat penne) uncooked

*Brown beef and onion.  Add the rest of ingredients and mix well.  Pour into a casserole dish and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.

*The recipe says to used already cooked pasta, but I'm not into that extra step.  So I just added a little water to the mix and it turned out just great.  A family favorite for sure. 

1 comment:

Cami said...

I love your recipes and have tried lots of them! Thanks for sharing them. My husband really loved this one. I even shared it with my family on our blog. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...