Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Crock-pot BBQ Beef

A few weeks ago, while visiting my aunt in Utah, I came across this recipe while browsing through one of my grandma's cookbooks.  It was a Rival crock-pot cookbook and had lots of good recipes.  We have a favorite bbq sauce that we buy (Sweet Baby Ray's) but it was fun to try out a homemade sauce and it was really good.  We liked the flavor a lot.  Perfect for feeding a big group during this Fall season of parties and gatherings.

1 1/2 cups ketchup
2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup red wine vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar)
2 Tbs. worcestershire
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. garlic powder

*Mix well and pour over a roast in the crock-pot.  Chuck roast is my favorite for shredded beef.  Cook all day on low and serve on warm rolls.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Looks delicious!

Melissa ~ Lifeonprairecreek.blogspot.com

natalie todd said...

Look at you browsing through g-ma's cookbooks. Sounds yummy!

the DeCampos Family said...

my husband HATES rice casseroles. I made the chicken and rice casserole recipe. He was unsure at first but went back for seconds!!! thanks it was yummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...