Friday, October 29, 2010

Oatmeal Scotchies

I'm not the biggest fan of butterscotch. I prefer chocolate whenever possible. But back when we lived in Wisconsin, one of my co-workers brought these to work and I loved them. I couldn't stop thinking about them for weeks. She said she just used the recipe on the back of the bag of butterscotch chips. So, the other day I was at the store and decided to buy a bag of butterscotch chips to make those unforgettable oatmeal scotchies. They were so good!! I will have to start making them more often.

Oatmeal Scotchies

1 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla (I used 2 tsp.)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
3 cups oatmeal
1 1/2 cups flour
1 bag butterscotch chips

Cream butter and sugars. Add vanilla and eggs. Mix then add dry ingredients and chips. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 8 minutes. Cool on wire racks.

3 comments:

Finn said...

I live in WI and grew up on these! And I had forgotten all about them...LOL Thanks from my tummy for a great reminder, I'll be buying some butterscotch chips next time I'm at the store! It's been too long!

Ali said...

These are our favorite cookies!

Hess Fam said...

Oatmeal Scotchies are hands down my fav cookie!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...