Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Valentine Brownies

I was getting an oil-change in my super-cool minivan last week when I found this recipe in a Good Housekeeping magazine.
A lady had written in to the magazine looking for a brownie recipe that would be similar to a brownie she had tasted at a resort somewhere.
She described the brownie and this is the recipe they published for her.
Here's my take on these brownies:
They were really good and really chocolatey.  I will probably add chocolate chips next time because I always like to find chocolate chips in my brownies.  They were more cakey than chewy.  I wanted them to be the most amazing brownies I had ever tasted, but they really weren't that much better than all the other brownies that I've tasted.
Try them out and see what you think.
3/4 cup butter, cut up
4 oz. unsweetened chocolate, chopped
4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
6 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp. salt

*Melt butter and both chocolates over low heat.  Set aside.  Beat eggs until blended and add sugars.  Beat for 10 minutes (yes, I said 10 minutes) on a low-med speed.  Add chocolate mixture, vanilla and dry ingredients.  Pour into a greased 9X13 and bake for 30 minutes at 350.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I never say no to chocolate. Those brownies look like they were chewy, fudgy, and a joy to eat. I have a linky party on my blog every week called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to stop by this weekend and link this up.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...