Friday, January 21, 2011

Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins

 The other day I had a craving for something pumpkin.  No, I'm not pregnant.  Just cold and trying to deal with this frigid, winter weather.  And pumpkin always sounds good when you are cold!  I still have a few cans of pumpkin left over from all of my holiday baking, so I decided to try out these muffins.  They fulfilled my craving and are a pretty healthy snack.  My husband took some to work and everyone loved them.  I got the recipe here.  Love this website!  


Whole Wheat Pumpkin Muffins


4 c whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
2 c brown sugar (loosely packed)
1 can (15 oz) pumpkin (not pie filling)
1 ½ c milk
¼ c canola oil
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients and mix until just combined. Bake in well greased muffin tins for 15 minutes or 10 minutes for mini-muffins. Makes about 2 ½ dozen regular sized muffins or lots of mini muffins.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...