Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sweet Pork Enchiladas

We had the missionaries from our church over for dinner a few weeks ago. I made the Honey-Lime Chicken Enchiladas. One of the elders took a bite and asked if the meat was sweet pork. I said no it's honey-lime chicken. But then I couldn't stop thinking about his sweet pork comment. Sweet pork enchiladas!! What a great idea! So I waited 2 weeks until the missionaries were coming again and made the enchiladas with sweet pork. I have one word, AH-MAZING!!! Really. They were so good. My new favorite enchilada recipe by far! The elders loved them. Hubby loved them. And I loved them. In fact, I can't stop thinking about them.

Excuse the bad pic. This was all that was left when I remembered to snap a photo.

Sweet Pork Enchiladas

1 pork tenderloin or 1 pork roast
20 oz. coke
2 cups brown sugar
1 bottle mild salsa

Put all ingredients into a crockpot. Cook on low 6 - 8 hours. Shred meat when done.

Then combine:
1 14 oz. can green enchilada sauce (I prefer mild)
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream

Stir enchilada sauce and cream together in a bowl. Pour half into bottom of 9x13 pan. Take 12 to 14 corn tortillas and warm in microwave to soften. Then, fill with a small amount of pork and a little cheddar cheese. Roll up and place in pan. When finished, cover with rest of sauce and cheese. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.

2 comments:

AshleeAnn said...

I am going to try these tonight, they look amazing!!

So-and-so said...

I absolutly LOVE this recipe. I love sweet pork enchiladas and these are by far the best recipe I hae tried. Thank you for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...