Saturday, November 6, 2010

Taco Seasoning

Last Sunday it was time to make dinner and I realized that I hadn't thought about what we were having for Sunday dinner until that very moment.  Don't you hate that?  You probably don't do that.
So we went with the old standby...tried and true...always have the ingredients on hand...Taco salad.
Then I realized that I had left my taco seasoning at my parents' cabin.
No problem.  Google to the rescue.  Can't be rocket science making taco seasoning.
So I found this recipe on allrecipes (I think) and thought it looked like a winner.
I mixed it up and added it to the meat mixture and we loved the flavor.
Better tasting than my big plastic container of taco seasoning and better yet, no weird preservatives.

2 Tbs. chili powder
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. onion powder
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. paprika
2 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. salt

*I mixed it up in a little tupperware and used about 1/3 of it for 1 lb. of ground beef.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...