Friday, February 25, 2011

Apple Crisp

My husband and I love warm, apple desserts with ice cream.  Our favorite is the Cinnamon Oblivion from Outback.  To die for.  Seriously.  A few weeks ago, I was needing some apple goodness in my life and found this recipe on The Girl Who Ate Everything.  I think I ate this every night for a week.  Yum with a capital Y!!


Apple Crisp

 6 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and slice thin
3/4 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

Topping:

2 cups quick-cooking oats
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup butter, melted
1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)

Directions
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2.Place the sliced apples in a 9x13 inch pan. Mix the white sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, nutmeg, and ground cinnamon together, and sprinkle over apples.
3.Combine the oats, 2 cups flour, brown sugar, pecans, baking powder, baking soda and melted butter together. Crumble evenly over the apple mixture.
4.Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes.
5. Serve with vanilla ice cream.

*The topping was good but I would halve it next time.  It was a bit too thick for my liking. And I would bake for 25 - 30 minutes.

1 comment:

BB124 said...

So delicious!! It's like apple pie topped with a buttery yummy oatmeal cookie! Just made this last night and I have a happy hubby!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...