Sunday, February 27, 2011

Cashew Apple Salad

Aren't we always looking for new salad recipes?
I love a good salad with lots of stuff in it and homemade dressing to top it off.
Trainer Momma is always a good resource for healthy recipes and that's where I got this salad recipe.
I will definitely be making this again.  It was a great combo of fruity/nutty/cheesy/sweet and salty.
Bag of spinach
Romaine lettuce, cut up (I added that)
Swiss cheese, diced (I shredded it)
2 large apples, diced (she used 4)
Cashews, lightly salted
(I also added some Craisins)

Dressing:
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 cup canola oil
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 Tbs. poppy seeds
1 tsp. dry mustard

*Blend the dressing in a blender for a few minutes until well combined.  Toss with salad.
I barely used maybe 1/4 of the dressing.  It's super thick and goes a long way once you start tossing it around in the salad.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My first visit to your lovely blog and a thank you for the wonderful recipe !

Best :)
Elise

Brooke Fenn said...

What kind of apples did you use?

Rachel Cunningham said...

I used Gala apples. I think any would work, but I like the flavor of those.

Vickie said...

Rachel - I made these for a small gathering of friends last week and everyone went crazy over it. Mighty tasty!

SandraRoper said...

Just the offline video game will effectively allow you to raise ball game GameCIH Alternatives – The Ultimate Cheating Game List of 2017 And also not long after the game finishes currently you will see your score in a low problem.

sherry said...

Beard matching Santa's-- or something in between to tumblr Hands-on test: Put it down to beard trimmer snobbery, beard trimmers a male looks his best when his beard is evenly cut and clean, 5 best beard trimmers yet various-- with better teeth created to puncture coarser hair, best beard trimmer Clippers succeed at reducing hair on the head, Website For the utmost in comfort.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...