Sunday, February 27, 2011

Cashew Apple Salad

Aren't we always looking for new salad recipes?
I love a good salad with lots of stuff in it and homemade dressing to top it off.
Trainer Momma is always a good resource for healthy recipes and that's where I got this salad recipe.
I will definitely be making this again.  It was a great combo of fruity/nutty/cheesy/sweet and salty.
Bag of spinach
Romaine lettuce, cut up (I added that)
Swiss cheese, diced (I shredded it)
2 large apples, diced (she used 4)
Cashews, lightly salted
(I also added some Craisins)

Dressing:
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 cup canola oil
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 Tbs. poppy seeds
1 tsp. dry mustard

*Blend the dressing in a blender for a few minutes until well combined.  Toss with salad.
I barely used maybe 1/4 of the dressing.  It's super thick and goes a long way once you start tossing it around in the salad.

4 comments:

elise said...

My first visit to your lovely blog and a thank you for the wonderful recipe !

Best :)
Elise

Travis, Brooke & Carson said...

What kind of apples did you use?

Rachel Cunningham said...

I used Gala apples. I think any would work, but I like the flavor of those.

Vickie said...

Rachel - I made these for a small gathering of friends last week and everyone went crazy over it. Mighty tasty!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...