Saturday, February 12, 2011

Rocky Road Bars

 These bars are one of the best desserts I have ever had!  Seriously.  They are everything I dream about.  Chocolate, cream cheese, marshmallows and frosting.  We were first introduced to these dreamy bars at Nat's wedding reception in Utah.  Dave's aunt made them.  I won't mention how many I ate that night or how I thought about them for weeks after that.  All I knew was that I needed the recipe ASAP.  These would be perfect for Valentine's.  Or any occasion.  Or no occasion.  Just make them.  Pretty sure you will dream about them too!


Rocky Road Bars

1st Layer:
1 stick butter
1 oz dark choc.
Melt these 2 together, then add:
1 Cup flour
1 Cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
¾ cup chopped nuts- optional

Layer 2:
6 oz cream cheese, softened
¼ Cup butter, softened
½ Cup sugar
1 egg
½ tsp vanilla
2 Tb flour
1 cup chocolate chips

Spread first layer in greased 9x13 pan.  Mix second layer ingredients together, except chocolate cips.  Spread 2nd layer over base and sprinkle 1 cup choc chips on top. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.

When done sprinkle with 2 cups mini marshmallows, put back in hot oven for 2 min or until puffy.

Frosting:
1 cup marg
1 oz dark choc
Melt these 2 together in saucepan then add:
2 oz softened cream cheese
3 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
¼ cup milk

Pour over warm marshmallows.  Chill for 1 hour before serving.

2 comments:

Summer said...

oh my gosh....those look AH-Mazing!!!

psss....love your blog too!!!
and thanks SO much for you sweet words of encouragement! meant sooooo much to me.

Jack and Daynalee said...

These are amazing! I saw them and instantly knew I had to make them! I posted the recipe on my website (linked back to you of course) at betterthanburgers.net

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...