Monday, February 7, 2011

Pasta Spinach Salad

A couple of weeks ago, our nephew got baptized and Brett's mom brought this salad to the luncheon afterwards.
It was love at first sight and then love again at first bite.
It's one of the best pasta/spinach/chicken salads that I've ever had.
I got the recipe and made it for the Super Bowl gathering at Ryan and Jen's house.
4-5 chicken breasts, grilled and cubed
16 oz. bowtie pasta, cooked and cooled
1 red pepper, diced
1/4 cup red onion, diced
1 can black olives (I left those out)
1/2 cup Craisins
1 can mandarin oranges, drained
1 package baby spinach

*Toss together and add this dressing:

1 cup oil
1 1/2 Tbs. red onion
1 tsp. dry mustard
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. tarragon
1 Tbs. poppy seeds

*Blend in blender for 2 minutes.

*Refrigerate salad and dressing separately until ready to serve.  Add dressing right before serving.  After adding dressing (you might not need all of it) sprinkle sugared pecans or walnuts on the top.  You can make them yourself or just buy some honey-roasted pecans or walnuts in the baking aisle.

4 comments:

See it Try it Love it said...

Ohhh that sounds Yum! I can't wait to try.

Jade said...

Oh my gosh. I am pregnant and now I am not going to be able to think of anything else until I make this. Can't wait.

Brooke Fenn said...

I'm defnitely not the greatest cook but I love your blog and use it alot. In this recipe, when you say red pepper, do you mean red bell pepper?

Rachel Cunningham said...

Yes, red bell pepper.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...