Wednesday, February 2, 2011

White Chicken Chili

I got this recipe from one of my favorite food blogs, Mel's Kitchen Cafe.  She has fabulous recipes with practical ingredients.  Anyways, if you haven't heard, it's been snowing like crazy in our neck of the woods.  We haven't left the house for a few days.  We are itchin' to get out!  In the meantime, I made some soup to warm our buns and take the edge off.  Melanie calls it, "The Best White Chicken Chili."  I totally agree.

White Chicken Chili

*Serves 6
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
1 medium onion, chopped
1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder or 2 cloves fresh garlic, finely minced
1 tablespoon oil
2 cans (15 1/2 ounces each) Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
1 can (14 1/2 ounces) chicken broth
2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies (if you like less kick, add just one can)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup whipping cream


Put all ingredients into crockpot except sour cream and whipping cream.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours.  30 minutes before serving, add sour cream and whipping cream to soup.  Mix well.  Serve with cheese and tortilla chips.

5 comments:

Angie said...

I'm stuck in the house today too and since all your recipes are good, I'm gonna try this one out. I don't have Great Northern Beans, nor do I have any white beans, but I will try my black beans. I'm not totally sure of the taste difference between white and black beans, but I'm sure my hubby will eat it (he'll eat just about anything...)

natalie todd said...

Made this tonight. We liked it a lot! Easy and delish!

Cami.J.Lowry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kristislichler said...

One of one of the most essential application that every mobile ought to have is Tasker apk. This tasker app factory apk is offered for Android Here but do not worry we will certainly provide you apk of this application free of charge.

valeponomareva said...

Things deal with the lots of more than one cat effortlessly. litterboxhubPrevious our budget plan choice. Both are fantastic products, Best Automatic Cat Litter Box: Cat Box Review also requiring electric or battery-powered assistance Best Automatic Cat Litter Box: Cat Box Review also presses any kind of clumps right into the waste trap. Do go through the following interesting posts It's an understandable trouble given that it can Get More Info the PetSafe ScoopFree gadget still showcases.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...