Friday, February 4, 2011

Sweet Potato Casserole

I am definitely not the president of the sweet potato fan club, but when Brett's mom made this for Christmas dinner, I had to give it a try.  I was surprised at how much I liked it and decided that sweet potatoes weren't so bad after all.  Better late than never.
The crust on top was my favorite part, but really, the whole dish was delicious.
4 cups mashed sweet potatoes
1 cup sugar (no wonder I liked it)
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 tsp. vanilla

*Mix together sweet potatoes, sugar, eggs, milk, salt, butter and vanilla.  Pour into a 9X13 pan and set aside.

Topping:
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup butter, melted
1 cup chopped pecans

*In a separate bowl, mix all four ingredients and crumble over sweet potato mixture.  Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes.

*My mother-in-law said that she would probably use half the sugar next time (in the sweet potato mixture) and it would still taste really good.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...