Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Potato Vegetable Chowder

I had some red potatoes left over from another meal and needed to use them, so I looked at a few chowder recipes and used what I had in my fridge to make this soup.
I love creamy soup, especially when it has potatoes in it.
If you live somewhere where it's not 80 degrees today (Holly) then you might want some nice hot soup tonight.
6-8 red potatoes, cubed
baby carrots, sliced
celery, sliced
frozen white corn
2 Tbs. flour
2 Tbs. butter
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup half and half
milk
salt and pepper

*Melt butter in a pot over medium heat and add flour to make a smooth paste.  Add chicken broth and half and half.  Mix well and then add as much milk as you think you need (a few cups).  Add the potatoes and veggies (as many of each as you like) and stir together.  Bring to a boil and then cover and let simmer for a good 30 minutes on low.  Taste it to see how much salt and pepper you need or want to add.

2 comments:

Dionne said...

this soup looks fabulously yummy. I'm bringing this recipe with me on vacation!
Cheers,
Dionne

Anonymous said...

It was actually in the 40's today. Things are looking up! Soup looks delish!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...