Thursday, April 2, 2009

Homemade Ice Cream in a Bag

For Activity Day, we made homemade ice cream in a bag. It was a hit! The girls loved making it, shaking it and eating it. It was very easy and so fun! Perfect for a summer activity with the kids.

(not my picture)

1 gallon size ziploc bag
1 pint size ziploc bag
ice
rock salt
1/2 cup half and half
1 Tbs. sugar
1/4 tsp. vanilla

Fill gallon-size bag half full of ice and 6 Tbs. rock salt. Put half and half, sugar and vanilla in small bag. Seal and place in large bag. Seal large bag. Shake it up for about 10 minutes until mixture becomes ice cream. Enjoy! You may want to double the ice cream. This recipe only makes about a 1/2 cup.

5 comments:

Rachel Cunningham said...

This is so fun for kids. We've done it while camping and it's a hit for sure. You can also add some Nestle Quik to make it chocolate.

Rachel Cunningham said...

When did you paint your walls flourescent green and buy a clear plastic watch? Psyche.

The Tyler's said...

I am the activity days leader also! I'm sure my girls would love this. Thx!

Jade said...

Cute idea! I am so jealous of your calling... Well one of your callings :) jk

Leigh said...

Thanks for the tip! I'm over the 11 year old girls and I'm always looking for new ideas.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...