Sunday, May 29, 2011

CITRUS DRINK



I've been a slacker lately and haven't contributed to the blog in a VERY LONG time. Let's just say I had a few good excuses but you all don't want to hear them (so boring to listen to others' excuses) so I will spare you. Anyway...I have had this recipe for a really long time and I think I got it from another food blog but I can't remember when or where. A formal apology to that blog and I'm not taking credit for the recipe. (Oh, and I borrowed the photo from Google too!) We just REALLY like this drink, especially in the summer even though it's made with citrus which is a winter fruit. It's so refreshing and good for you too.


5 lemons
5 limes
5 oranges
6-7 cups of water
1 1/2 cups to 3 cups sugar or sugar substitute (I sometimes use Splenda)

Juice all the fruit and add the water. If you don't like pulp, strain the juice. Add the water and sweeten to your taste. It really depends on how sweet/tart the fruit is and how much juice you get out of them. It also depends on how sweet you like your drink. Serve over ice! So delicious.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...