Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Parmesan Pork Tenderloin

I mentioned on here once before about a Martha Stewart app that I have on my ipod.  It's one of the highlights of my day to check it and see the recipe that is posted.  This is one of her recipes and man was it easy and so good.  Thanks Martha...I owe you one.
Let's talk about our cafeteria-style-Target-after-Christmas-clearance plates that we use for dinner.  A step up from our usual paper plates, don't you think?
1 pork tenderloin (about 24 oz.)
6-7 Tbs. flour
4 egg whites
1/2 cup plain dried breadcrumbs (I used Panko)
1/2 cup shredded parmesan
salt/pepper
2 Tbs. olive oil

*Slice the tenderloin into slices that are 1/4 inch thick.  Season with salt and pepper.  Put flour in one bowl, whisk egg whites with a tablespoon of water in another bowl, and combine crumbs and parmesan in a third bowl.  Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.  Take each slice of pork and dip first in flour until coated, then in egg whites until coated and then in parmesan mixture until well coated.  You sort of need to press the mixture into the pork during the last step.  Place in skillet and cook for a few minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your recipes, but I have to say: I've always wondered about the paper plate thing! I mean, we use them occasionally, like if we order a pizza or something. But I like to use real dishes for family meals. It looks nice on the table, and I want our family to sit down together at our meals as though they are something special, because they are, even though we do it every night!

Enlightened said...

Let me sink to the level of the initial commenter (Anonymous) by writing a ridiculous comment. I’ll translate said commenter’s post given its poor punctuation & grammar - here we go:

I love your recipes! But I have to say, I like to judge others and will now belittle your inappropriate use of paper plates to feed your family. Ooh, it makes me feel good, you know, criticizing others. We only use paper plates for peasant food, like pizza; but, for the magnificent dishes I get from recipe blogs, via blogstalking, I go all out! Fine china, goblets – you name it, I use it. Basically, I am better than you because, when set, my table looks better than your table. My selection of dinnerware lets my family know they are special and loved, more loved than you love your children. With this specialness and love, my kids will be more successful than your janitor-caliper kids. And why, do you ask?!?!?! Because we use real plates every night!!!

Mie-Mie said...

So thankful you enlightened anonymous. Very tastefully done. I wanted to so bad. But kudos to you. Keep up the good work. The recipes are delicious. And i as well use paper plates and always have and I have raised three productive children and they have never mentioned the paper plates. But on many many occasions they thank me for the extra time I was able to give them because I was not in the kitchen having to wash dishes. This is what they remember. So anonymous you may want to re think this.

Ginny said...

No one should be allowed to sign a comment anonymous, if they don't have the guts don't post it! I am going to try this recipe using boneless pork chops this weekend, sounds yummy!

Unknown said...

How about a comment about the actual recipe from someone who has actually tried it????

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...